Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas in Korea

Well, I woke up on Christmas Eve and realized (actually thanks to FB) that it had snowed during the night.  And when I say snowed, I mean snowed!  Must have been between 4-6 inches (sts) been going to sleep and waking up.  The snow here is amazingly light and fluffy.  What I've learned from waiting a day is that when it only gets to 20 degrees, the snow just doesn't melt.  There is still snow everywhere, even a full two days later.  The main streets are clear enough to drive, but the walkways are slick and still covered with what is now hard packed snow and ice.  The scary thing is that people tell me that it doesn't really get cold until February.  If you're coming here, make sure you bring snow boots, gloves, a toboggan, and something to cover your nose and mouth.  It really gets cold here!

Here are some pictures of the snow...





No comments:

Post a Comment