Sunday, December 25, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Ok, so I haven't posted in a while.  But, in my defense, I don't get paid to do this.  I got to travel home for a few weeks just before Christmas thanks to a TDY to the States.  Here's a tip for anyone in Korea looking to save money on a trip home.  Find a legitimate reason for a TDY to the States, and then take leave on either end of the TDY.  It saved me a little over $3k.

Anyways, after the TDY I spent a week at home before flying back.  It was great.  I got to see Gracie perform in the Show Choir and win two out of two tennis matches.  She's really a good tennis player and she's already in the High School team's top 6 as a Middle Schooler.  Perhaps it had something to do with her dad playing tennis and Ping Pong with her all the time.  Here's a picture of me and Gracie at home.

Of course, I also got to see Chrysta.  Seriously, I have no idea how she survives without me.  Just kidding, honey (not).  The Christmas Tree was at a 30 degree angle, the lights were hanging off the roof, and the back door's screen was hanging on by a thread.  Ok, well, she did great just to survive having to put up with the two girls in the house, and it was good to help out for a change.  Here's a picture of me a Chrysta.

Unfortunately, I have to go back before Christmas, but only a few weeks left until our vacation in Hawaii!

Cheers,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment