Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 10 - I Know, I Know, You Want Pictures!

The last day of the exercise.  Glad that's over!  Perhaps I'll write about it later, but I've thought about it enough for now.

Tonight we went out to dinner to say farewell to Yogi Maher, the guy I'm replacing.  You know what that means--pictures of a Korean meal!

The van that picked us up and took us to the restaurant.


We had the private room in the back.

Typical grill restaurant.  The brass thing at the top is an exhaust.  It extends down to right above the grill to pull away smoke.

Grilled pork belly!  Clearly, bacon is way too thin.

Cutting the pork into strips.

Me and one of my counterparts--there are two Koreans that do my job for the ROK.

This is pork rib meat and the traditional Korean meal side dishes.

The guy on the left is my new boss, Col Pete Dahlin.  Yogi, the guy I'm replacing, is in the middle.  Bollocks, on the right, is the Korean translator.

The final results...I wasn't prepared for the third dish.

Night lights in Songtan.

Cheers,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment