Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Dorm Room - Spartan Chic


I got moved into my new room on the third day.  The building looks, well, let's just say "military."  I was a little unsure of what to bring since there were no good pictures on the internet.  Well, I guess I'll solve that problem.  Here's what you get in the Unaccompanied Officer Housing at Osan AB.

Basically you get a couch, desk, some lamps, a fridge and microwave.  No dishwasher, no patio, no tv, no alarm clock, etc., etc., etc.  Dishes?  Nope.  Utensils?  Nope.  Hangers?  Nope.  Shower curtain?  Nope.  At least they left me a starter roll of toilet paper.  It's amazing how many small things you need when you move into a completely empty apartment.  Trash cans, trash bags, pot holders, soap pumps, towels, shower curtain, shower curtain rings, bathmat, alarm clock, sheets, silverware...  The list goes on and on.








Internet?  Sure, for $39.95, $49.95, or $59.95 per month.  And, you have to schedule the installation on the next day.  Not sure I'm getting paid enough to cover all the duplicate expenses between both here and back home.  Time for me to get my clean on--"after" pics to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! Most appreciated.

    ReplyDelete