Monday, July 4, 2011

Mistake #1


As I was sitting by the pool, it occurred to me that it was about 8pm Seattle time, or 10pm Montgomery time (which is what my body was thinking).  I would have to be up at 3:30 am Seattle time, since I had to check in NLT 0530, which meant I would get only a few hours sleep at best, and I was worn out from flying all day.  Clearly, this was not a good plan for the day before flying 10 hours and jumping ahead 16 hours in time zones, causing me to lose a night (and a night’s sleep) on the way.  If I were to do it again, I would have flown up to Seattle a few days earlier with the family and turned it into a mini vacation.  I could have recovered before the trip to Korea and they could have flown back home after I left for Korea.  Oh well, I'm sure this will make for a better story.  A picture of my room at the Marriott (seriously, who needs all those pillows? you're only seeing about half of them).

The Marriott is nice, though the room didn’t have a fridge and the prices in their shop are unreal.  Let’s just say that I paid $7.95 for a turkey and wheat sandwich, of which I only ate about half, and then had it go bad overnight since I had no mini-fridge to put it in.  At least it’s close to the airport, and there’s a shuttle back and forth every 15 minutes.  The pool area is nice as well and check-in and checkout were quick and painless (random observation – why does check-in have a hyphen but checkout doesn’t?).  Anyways, I was only there for less than 8 hours, so how bad could the hotel be?

Cheers,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment