Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 9 - What the good Lord giveth, he taketh away

Well, where to start...

Work?  Yep, 12 hrs.
AOC Exercise?  Yep, still fighting the good fight.
Rain?  Yep, 7 days and counting.
Fact of the day?  There are 103 steps between my room and the AOC.

One of the good things about this exercise is that the Koreans take up money for breakfast and lunch for the week and then bring it to you at work.  Breakfast is a sushi roll which we eat on our own, and it is really good.  At lunch, we all sit together at the table and struggle over some conversation.  It turns out that the Chief of the Strategy Division for the Koreans was also married in 1993, but he was 7 years older than me at the time.

Lunch is from the menu...pork, or chicken, or shrimp, or meat patties, etc. with a big serving of steamed rice, kimchi, cashew peanuts, and pickled cucumber.  Yesterday I had the pork and noodles.  Today I had the chicken.  Honestly, the pork was a little better than the chicken.  After the first day, I thought that 20000 won (about $20) was ridiculous for one day of food.  After the second day, I realized that the $20 was for breakfast and lunch for three days.  I'd say that's a great deal, especially considering how it's so filling and healthy.  It's amazing what different countries consider "fast food."

Anyways, if you read yesterday's post, then you're probably me.  Well, assuming you're not me, you can probably guess how much I was looking forward to the driving range after work today.  So, you can probably guess how disappointing it was to see the little sign "Range Closed" over the ball machine.  Oh well, something to look forward to tomorrow.

And I got my first package...almost.  I know it's there, but I didn't get to the post office until 1800 and it closed at 1730.  Mailed Friday in the States and here on Wednesday in Korea.  I'd say that's not bad.  Now if I can just make it there some day before 1730!

Cheers,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment