Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 11 - The Seoul Train: Ho Lee Chow!!!

It's Friday and the exercise is over.  Three tasks for today.  1. Turn in travel voucher, 2. Get USFK driver's license, 3. Make it to Yongsan AG (Army garrison in Seoul) and back.

Steps one and two were easy enough.  Somehow I forgot to print out a copy of the commercial airline ticket receipt but a "lost receipt" form takes care of that.  As for Seoul,  since they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll shut up and let the pics do the talking.

I'm sure all these signs make sense if you read Hongul.

Just a sampling of the countless apartment towers in Seoul.

Looking at Seoul from across the Han River.

Crossing the bridge from South to North.

Korean lunch on Yongsan with "Moon" Walker, the new TET Chief.

Did I mention that it rained again...pretty much all day.  That's 9 in a row I believe.

The Seoul VPC on Camp Kim.

Just thought this made a good picture.

The alley where I figured my two friends would be found dead.  Moon almost bought a suit from the guy is the basement shop by the red sign on the left.

Ho Lee Chow!!!  I don't care who you are--this is funny.

Restaurant alley near Yongson.

Two American guys walking together under a clear umbrella.  Seriously?  They just need pink shorts.  Oy!

What do you get when you put 25 million people in one city--traffic!

Thankfully, I made it back to my room safe and sound.  Getting to Seoul is far less daunting now that I seemed this morning.  After my trip, I figured I'd make a quick dinner.  Let's just say that my new stove cooks faster than the one I'm used to.

Cheers,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment