Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 26 (30 Jul) - The Other White Meat

Ok, I've been bad about posting lately, but I was really busy when the girls were here and it's been a lot like groundhog day after they left, with two exceptions.

First, the boss bloodied my nose during a 3v3 basketball game, no more than an hour after the girls left base.  I can't confirm it's broken, but there was a lot of blood and it hurts.  Here's a picture from the day after.  The girls say it's crooked, but I think they're exaggerating.  After all, I've always been this ugly.


Well, Saturday night was interesting to say the least.  I went to a party supposedly thrown by the deputy in our shop.  In reality, it was a Filipino birthday party for two of the ladies there.  There were three circles of people present.  First, work people from the shop (my circle).  Second, motorcycle riders from the local Harley gang.  Third, Filipino friends of his wife and their families; there were at least six Filipino ladies married to Americans.  The great thing is that we all got along extremely well.  The main course...roasted pig.  Let's just say it was an interesting evening.  Lots of great food, lots of great people, and lots of kids running around.  I didn't take any pictures other than the pig.  I didn't really know anybody yet and I didn't want to look like a tourist.  Here's the pig...



Cheers,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment