Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 8 (12 Jul) - Happiness Available For $21.97

Today was actually a decent day.  Of course, it had nothing to do with the 12 hours I was at work.

After work, I drove down to the golf course driving range.  The bad news is that there's no grass you can hit off.  The good news is that the mats are covered, so some rain (7 days and counting) doesn't necessarily close the range.  However, the key issue right now is that my golf clubs are still in transit and aren't guaranteed to get here for another month.

I left the driving range and stopped by the Post Office.  Still no mail yet...care packages can be sent to PSC 3, Box 7286, APO, AP 96266.  After the Post Office, I stepped into the BX for a normal shelf check.  However, I said to myself, "If there's a golf club under $20, I'm going to buy it."  Turns out that there was a cheap sand wedge available for $19.97 and I really hate being a liar.  Yes, I know what you're thinking, but I really do.  I quickly made my purchase and headed back to the range.

$2 worth of golf balls later (hence the $21.97), I finally had a smile on my face.  Ok, well maybe a smirk.  I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment